Skip to main content

Tube station shenanigans

Saturday evening saw us heading down to Earlsfield for a little revelry of the tube variety. We'd just enjoyed a kebab and Turkish beer, so were all set to dress ourselves up as the tube station of our choice...

Jo & Joe en route...
Ameba as hat-on-cross tube station

Could the next stop be Cockfosters?

Man or

Elephant & Castle!

Gabi & Kari

Lucky & the circle line

Patrick & Doug

Kari & Ameba

Jac & a police man?

Sash & an awesome afro
One of the house-mates, Norky was particularly enjoying himself! He was also enjoying building the fire, and was, in fact, so dedicated he even offered to cut the fence down to keep the fired stoked! He had a GREAT TIME!

Norky - part 1

Norky - part 2... he had a BAD hangover the next day :)

Hatton Cross, Cockfosters, Manor House, Kew Gardens, Burnt Oak

John (aka Burnt Oak) & Nikki
Nina & Robbie (he won a prize for being a super heroic District line)
We were having a great time, but because we had 3 trains to catch to get home we had to leave fairly early (never mind the fact that we'd flown a million hours earlier on in the day!) So, to make up for it, and to continue with the party theme, we decided to have a little fun on the tube...

A little revelry at the tube station on the way home!

Jo & Meebs, seriously enjoying the fruit of the vines...

Lucky & Ameba settling in with some less than chilled pinot grigio

Joe settling in for the tube ride home...

I hope the pictures speak for themselves. It was a rad party and it was awesome to see everyone again - sorry we couldn't stay for longer!



Popular posts from this blog

Marking milestones

When Bug was born, well a month or so after, I bought some cards to mark her milestones. Who knew that I should have bought them when I was preggo? So we missed a few photos… But now I find myself attempting to dressing her up for her milestones, only for her to accessorise them with accoutrements such as vomit! Then I jump around, cajoling her into smiling, while hopefully the camera is in focus and I actually press the snap button.  Those photos are all well and good. But I want some real-life photos and babies aren’t renown for their on-cue performances! So how do you actually get that photo of her first tooth?!?  That’s one of the current milestones we’re trying to mark. And she’s not particularly given to opening her mouth wide, unless it’s to cry loudly! I may not be parent of the year, but I’m not about to start taking photos of her mouth while she cries! So, it’ll just have to wait until she smiles for a prolonged period, while I conveniently have the camera to hand! Case in po

4 month sleep regression

I write to you from Hell… just kidding, I’m on the foot stool next to Bug’s bed. Not talking, not touching, just sitting while she lies with her head facing the other way. And every few minutes gives an attempt at a cry.  But at least she’s in her bed! She’s completely refused all naps in her bed so far this week. So this is a major win! I’m talking champagne, the I proper stuff… or at least a really large glass of whatever is open in the fridge.  Now bedtime is the stuff nightmares are made from! Bedtime used to be a pleasant routine, now it’s a panic-inducing labour. I’m pretty sure my blood pressure is through the roof, climbing from approximately 18:00, in anticipation of the dreaded sleep attempts! Last night was an early 22:00ish before she was down. The night before, midnight. And over the weekend, one night her refusals were so adamant that I got a sum total of zero hours sleep. By midnight it was clear the only way she’d sleep was in my arms. So Bug and I got the big bed. She

One good thing about social distancing…

Is that nobody comes too close and I can get away with only half brushing my teeth (no toothpaste, had Bug in my arms and wouldn’t have been able to rinse). And not wearing deodorant (again, the baby!) Also, still wearing some of my pyjamas, semi-disguised  as day clothes… But nobody can really tell cause they can’t get too close! Win! On top of that we had a very successful walk. The dog mostly listened and was easily distracted by treats. Bug slept the whole time and was seemingly nose-blind. And my back pocket doubled up as my coffee cup holder! Hands-free, here we come!  Oh, and because we were out walking for so long - two hours, until it was time for the next feed - the dog is exhausted! He hasn’t been this tired since his play date with best friend Amber! Lucky x